How to Apply
Steps to Apply
Please review the Applicant Requirements, What We Fund, What We Don’t Fund and the Grant Schedule and Amount information below before proceeding.
After you have completed Step 1, please submit a Funding Inquiry ensuring that all of the required fields are fully answered to the best of your ability.
Await Initial Review
If your organization’s project matches our focus, a link to the application will be emailed to you. For more information regarding our focus please refer to What We Fund.
Submit An Application
After we review your application and financial information, we will let you know if we would like to schedule a site visit.
Schedule a Site Visit and Await a Decision
Grant recipients will be notified of funding status on or the business day following March 31st and September 30th. Grant recipients will be required to sign a Grant Agreement and provide ongoing evidence of project/program success.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions during the process.
Our mission is to help others reach their mission.
If your non profit doesn’t meet our criteria, we would still like to hear from you! As a new organization we are continually evolving and seeking feedback.
The following is required for grant funding consideration:
- Tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- A minimum annual operating budget of $100,000
- Three most recent 990s and independently audited financial statements
- Serving residents within the following Southeast Michigan counties: Oakland, Macomb, Wayne, Washtenaw, Genesee, Livingston, Lapeer, Shiawassee, Lenawee, Monroe and St. Clair
- Sign and consent to the Shared Mission Foundation Grant Agreement
- Allow an initial and ongoing site visits
- Provide ongoing program or project updates and, if requested, program or project budgets and current financials
Programs or projects that provide essential needs to displaced and/or underserved populations, such as:
- Food insecurity
- Basic necessities (e.g. hygiene products, school supplies, bedding, furniture, appliances)
- Utility assistance, including internet accessibility
- Emergency shelter
- Job training and placement
While we value the multitude of worthwhile causes, we only provide funding for projects that provide essential needs to displaced and/or underserved communities. Additionally, funding may not be used for:
- Debt reduction
- Operating deficits
- Interim or bridge funding
- Endowment funding
- Private foundations
- Activities that are political in nature
- Fund drives
- Annual appeals
- Fundraising events
- General capital campaigns
- Past expenditures. Grant funds must be used for future program/project costs.
To be considered for a grant, please submit your application and financial information no later than:
- January 31, 2023 for a grant decision date of March 31, 2023
- July 31, 2023 for a grant decision date of September 30, 2023
Please note that if an application deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the application deadline will be the next business day.
After we review your application and financial information, we will let you know if we would like to schedule a site visit. We review applications on a rolling basis and will be awarding one, $25,000 grant twice a year.
The Shared Mission Foundation reserves the right to change its eligibility criteria without notice at any time.